This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.703 or later.
Unimesh Exporter P12 is a Python script for Poser 12 that allows exporting perfectly valid unimesh geometry (OBJ) straight from Poser. The reason this is important is because Poser doesn’t support unimesh internally, meaning every time we load a figure, Poser automatically splits every single body group into a separate geometry. Once this is done, the original vertex count and winding order are permanently lost, and Poser doesn’t know how to put it back together. Therefore, any unimesh figure geometry exported from Poser will never match the original from the Geometries folder.
This is where this tool comes in - it can rebuild the geometry, matching the unimesh original when exported, preserving vertex count and winding order. This allows bringing this mesh to sculpt and edit in other programs as a single piece, instead of the traditional split geometry Poser creates. If we try to sculpt on split meshes, they might open gaps at the unwelded borders between groups, and also create material glitches that become visible in renders.
* The HOLY GRAIL of Poser exports!
* Export UNIMESH OBJs straight from Poser!
* Rebuilds exported geometry to match the original!
* Recovers original vertex count and winding order.
* Exports fully welded unimesh geometry and UV shells.
* Recovers lost mesh groups from welded geometry.
* Load VALID morph exports in UNIMESH programs like DS4.
* Fully automated 2-clicks operation, no questions asked.
* Scaling profiles for Poser and DAZ Studio exports.
* Option to include Translations + Scale in exported morphs.
* Option to include Rotations in exported morphs.
* Profiles for 25 popular figures included!
* Auto-creates figure profiles if one doesn't already exist!
* Script panel persists when switching Poser Rooms.
* Tooltips clearly describe every operation.
* Native dark theme panel with optional auto-docking.
* Built-in PDF manual launcher button.
**Note: This tool only works with unimesh figures. If the original source OBJ is split, there can't be a unimesh export from it. In addition, some figures have malformed geometry, and the script cannot handle those either, and nothing can be done about it, except for remaking the figure with proper geometry.
Figures confirmed with be supported:
* 3DU Skye
* 3DU Toon Generations
* HW DawnSE
* HW DuskSE
* HW Dawn 2
* HW Baby Luna
* HW Big Dog
* HW Horse
* DAZ Aiko3
* DAZ Hiro 3
* DAZ The Girl
* DAZ Michael 3
* DAZ Michael 4
* DAZ Victoria 1
* DAZ Victoria 3
* DAZ Victoria 4
* DAZ Stephanie Petite 3
* DAZ Genesis 1
* LLF Cookie
* LLF Star
* Redspark Micah
* Nerd3D Maisie